AUDITION NOTICE – Bloor West Village Players
by Stewart Lemoine
Directed by Barbara Larose
Performance Dates: November 3-25, 2017
AUDITIONS will be held at the Village Playhouse, 2190 Bloor St. West (around the corner from Runnymede subway station) at the following times:
• Sunday, August 13 — 11 am -5 pm
• Monday August 14 — 6:30 — 10 pm
• Tuesday, August 15 — 6:30 — 10 pm
• CALL BACKS: Friday, August 18 – 6:30 – 10 pm
NOTE: Rehearsals & Performances are at 2190 Bloor St. West.
• Rehearsals are planned to commence on September 5th, and are generally Tuesdays and Thursdays 6:30-10 pm, and Sundays 1-6 pm, but are flexible depending on actor availability.
• Actors MUST be available Tech Weekend (Oct 28-29) and every night of tech week (Oct 31 -Nov. 2)
• Actors must also be available for all performance dates: November 3, 4, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 (matinee), 16, 17, 18, 19 (matinee), 23, 24, 25.
The play: In Evelyn Strange, Stewart Lemoine brings us humour and razor-sharp dialogue as we follow the title character, a beautiful amnesiac, whose quest to discover her identity exposes a tangled web of deceit, betrayal and murder. Set in 1955, and opening at the opera to the strains of Wagner’s Siegfried, the play is a fascinating “film noir” tale of mystery and intrigue.
CHARACTERS (age ranges refer to the characters, not the actors – and are approximate):
1. Nina Ferrer – 35-50: She is the boss’s wife; a socialite; elegant and assured.
2. Perry Spangler – late 20’s – 45: A sub-editor at a publishing house. Mild mannered, and thoughtful.
3. Evelyn Strange– late 20’s — early 40’s: A beautiful & mysterious amnesiac, struggling to discover her identity
4. Lewis Hake – 35 – 50: A co-worker of Perry’s, he is a bit of a “man about town” and very clever.
PREPARATION: Please prepare a short (2-3 minute) monologue if the Director is not familiar with your work… Please also be familiar with the play as you may be asked to do cold readings from the script. A script is available upon request.
TO BOOK AN AUDITION: Please email a copy of your headshot and resume to [email protected]
with your preferred date, time, interested role(s), and contact information. Please also bring a hardcopy of your resume and headshot to your audition (photocopies are acceptable).