Rebounds for Reena is an inaugural 3-on-3 basketball tournament in support of Reena Foundation. The event will take place on August 27 at 9600 Bathurst Street in Vaughan (Bathurst/Rutherford). Rebounds for Reena will include up to 16 basketball teams that will compete for the title. A Bump tournament will be held at half time, where individuals supported by Reena will be invited to participate.
Breakfast, lunch, and jersey tank top included.
This event will raise funds for Reena’s important programs. Summer camps, job readiness training, basketball, swimming, literacy, and technology programs are just a small list of the many enrichment
programs that our events support. In addition, proceeds will allow Reena to provide Respite programs.
These programs provide families with important respite from the 24-hour a day demands of caring for a special needs individual while delivering social and life skills training. Families who have benefited from these programs have often referred to them as “life-lines” for their loved ones.
Sign up a team:
Become a Corporate Sponsor:
• 3 on 3 tournament
• Each division will be divided into groups of 4 teams
o There will be a round robin within each group where every team will play a guaranteed 3 games.
o Based on the round robin, teams will be divided into an ‘A’ division and a ‘B’ division; all teams will make the playoffs.
• The playoffs will be structured as a single elimination bracket-style tournament (March Madness).
• Games will be “half court”
o The centre court line, baseline, and sidelines mark the out of bounds areas
• Each game is up to 21 points or 20 minutes (two 10-minute halves with a 2 minute half-time), whichever happens first
o Games are dead at 21 (no win by 2)
o Points are counted in 1s and 2s (3-pointers are worth 2 points)
o It will be “Loser’s Ball” (after a basket, possession goes to the team that was scored on)
o Each round robin game will have a “game monitor” who will only be responsible to keep score and time
• There will be an official referee calling each game
o After a foul, whether it is shooting or on the floor, possession goes to the “fouled” team at the top of the key
• The ball must be cleared beyond the three point line on possession
o To clarify, any time the defensive team gains possession, whether it is through a steal, rebound, or following an out of bounds/violation call, they must “clear” the ball past the three-point line before they are allowed to score
• Other general basketball rules remain (travel, double dribble, carry, kick ball, fouls, self pass, etc.)
o In 3 on 3, a jump ball goes to the defense
• Games will be up to 21 points or 20 minutes, whichever comes first
o Winner must win by 2 points, game is dead at 25.
• All other rules to remain the same as above
• Round Robin games can end in a tie
• Playoffs If tied after 20 minutes and no team has reached 21 points, a “Do or Do” foul shot competition will take place.
o If not resolved after first round, two new shooters must shoot; this will continue until one team scores and the other misses, however in no circumstances, may a player on a team shoot two times in a row.
• If teams within groups are tied after the round robin, these are the tie breakers in order to see who moves on to the playoff rounds:
1. Combined Team Fundraising Amount
2. Point differential
3. Head to Head Matchup
4. Points For
5. Coin Toss
• All participants, coaches and spectators shall refrain from using profanity or verbally abusing other players, spectators, referees and the tournament staff. Tournament organizers have the right to disqualify any team or player for violation of this rule at their sole discretion.
• There will be zero tolerance for fighting.
o Fighting is an attempt to strike an opponent with the arms, hands, legs, feet or a combative action by one or more players. Any player or team personnel who participate in a fight shall be immediately suspended from the game and/or tournament as to be determined by the tournament organizers at their sole discretion.
• Let it be known that spectators and visitors who too elect to involve themselves in a fight during a game, will be kicked out of the facility at the sole discretion of the tournament organizers.
• This is a Drug and Alcohol Free Event. No alcoholic beverages or drugs are allowed on the premises. Any player(s) engaged in the use of alcohol or drugs will be disqualified from further participation in the tournament.
**** We expect a respectful and clean tournament, with all players acting responsibly and honorably towards the game monitors, volunteers, referees, spectators, and each other.